Danish Teak and Beautifully Upholstered Adjustable Lounge Chair and Ottoman...Identical Set found on 1st Dibs that says this is by K. Rasmussen for Peter Wessel. Made in Denmark Circa 1960. $1800.00

Unusual Danish Modern 2 Position Manual Teak Lounge Chair/Recliner with Ottoman.
Circa 1950's.  Excellent Condition.  I have only seen one other set like this and it is currently listed on a very exclusive site for $2200.00.  I believe this was possibly designed by Svend A. Madsen as this is what I was told from the gentleman that actually purchased these Danish pieces while he was overseas serving in the US Airforce.  The identical chair and ottoman on the other site however did not mention the name of the designer and I did not come across any markings.  This Lounge Chair and Ottoman came from the same living estate as the Svend A. Madsen Dining Room Set and the Han Wegner Sideboard that I had also purchased and although sold, are still viewable on this blog.
What I can tell you for sure is that the teak on this chair and ottoman is exquisite, the upholstery is beautiful and is in excellent condition, and without question, this set is high end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment